Saturday, October 8, 2011

End of the Week

I'm not sure what happened to our week. It just zipped right past.

We had school pictures taken this week. A big thanks to Mr. Peterson and his patience in working with K kids. I don't know why but it is really hard for some to sit like he wants and smile. He truly spends the time needed to try and get the best possible picture.

We have finished learning the correct way to write the numerals 0 - 9. Have your child show you what he/she has learned. There is also a poem that goes with each numeral.

We put on our science lab coats (imaginary ones) and talk about the differences of night and day. It would be a great family homework assignment to spend some time outside after dark talking about what you see.

We made witches for art and when our 5th grade buddies came in they helped us write a witch story. I wish I could take a picture of them all and post them. 40 is a little to much I think. They are hanging in the hall just outside our classroom and you are welcome to come to school and read them. They are great. (I'd post a picture but I'm home right now. Maybe Monday.)

No comments:

Post a Comment